Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPLOnly

C
Valdosta to Oshkosh about 1000 miles.355 hours on foot
View attachment 111523
Can you please plot this in a way modern aircraft fly, as a series of figure 8s drifting towards Wisconsin.

I think you’ll find the trip is significantly longer, but it will be fine because this aircraft holds 14 hours of fuel and can fly to Australia, as we’ve all seen.

TFF

So, how would it work out at Oshkosh? If he took off on 36, he could make the turn over the lake, and come back around to the gravel pit and land on 27. That is an arrival and departure at Oshkosh. He just has to truck it that far and back. Can see it on a trailer stuck in the mud in the classic plane camping area where it would stick out the most.

Malish

We did fly our Russian aircraft at Sun-n-Fun and FAA give us so much hell - because it was E-AB aircraft. I don't know if FAA will let unknown aircraft to fly at airshow 🤔

canardlover

I dunno, but it was probably conducted in 1944 by a bunch of those ******* Antifa types.
There were some mighty big gliders back then, Junkers 322 , Waco CG4, and Messerschmitt 321 to name a couple. Carried a few more bodies than a Duo Discus!!! ;);)

Last edited by a moderator:

Turd Ferguson

We did fly our Russian aircraft at Sun-n-Fun and FAA give us so much hell - because it was E-AB aircraft. I don't know if FAA will let unknown aircraft to fly at airshow 🤔
If you flew as a participant in the event, yes, they will expect 100% compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.

However, if you are there as a spectator the FAA has specific guidance to not conduct compliance inspections on spectator airmen and aircraft. Ref: FAA 8900.1 para 6-2372(A)(2).

2) Under no circumstances should these gatherings be targeted for a blanket sweep inspection of spectator airmen and aircraft.

Richard Schubert

If you flew as a participant in the event, yes, they will expect 100% compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.

However, if you are there as a spectator the FAA has specific guidance to not conduct compliance inspections on spectator airmen and aircraft. Ref: FAA 8900.1 para 6-2372(A)(2).

2) Under no circumstances should these gatherings be targeted for a blanket sweep inspection of spectator airmen and aircraft.
I used to go to an annual type gathering, one year a non type aircraft had a problem and crashed into a motel, fortunately with no ground injuries.
The next year at the same gathering, I was standing next to someone's plane and a couple came up and started admiring the plane and asked who's plane it was. When the proud owner appeared, !BAM! ramp check. The "couple" was from the local FSDO. Word quickly spread and after the first check no other "owners" could be found.....though not through lack of trying. The FSDO goons representatives were informed of the very line you have quoted.....just made them mad, didn't make them stop.
I realize that this is an extreme example, or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.