10/23 Raptor Video

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
Lately there are many posts including such phrases as the California group, the new company, the investors, the production group, the new owners, stakeholders, etc.
That's all forum speculation. He never mentioned California, new company, investors, new owners, stakeholders.
He did mention moving to the west coast and the last video something about news that no one can imagine.

PPLOnly

That's all forum speculation. He never mentioned California, new company, investors, new owners, stakeholders.
He did mention moving to the west coast and the last video something about news that no one can imagine.
This isn’t true. His final video was explicit that the project and its media is transferring to new owners and control.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
He mentioned the west coast people (not California, but could be) but didn't say anything about transferring control. He said "we", so I assume he is involved. Yes, he said media release from the company. And he said whatever you think the production plans are it's not that. (just re-watched the video 16:00-17:30)
The next video will be if something interesting comes up other than figure eights.

Last edited:

231TC

True, he has never said California, only west coast. Definitely said "new company" but also used the word "we" several times, so he's apparently not planning to walk away after he delivers Raptor to the new company.

The one guy I know to be involved has various business interests in California and Washington. Oregon would make sense as a possible destination since there are quite a lot of composite aircraft people there, but making sense doesn't necessarily mean much.

Of course we're just trying to read tea leaves. We only have to wait 7 more flight hours and a 3-30 day cross country trip to find out where it's going. Could be a month from now, could take years to get there.

Rataplan

That's how you test a proven kit plane with a certified engine. Your first design might take years.
Depends if you have to make during the test lot of modifications. I suppose. All is very interesting. Just happend to read a report of spin testing which interested me as they used the same type of plane I as child learned to fly in. They choose it because it falls in the same category as a PA28 ,Beech 4 seaters etc. Its also a very straight forward plane and used as basic trainer it is very rigid and military grade built , and by the factory undergone extreme (spin) testing . He put the plane full of sensors to get all kind of data . Well if I look to all the work , preparations and kind of spins , reviewing and interpreting all the data for in his view simple testing as it was a certified plane and engine, not to the extremes as those were already tested by the factory .. a lot of work... Wonder how long all original testing of the factory took place.. Might indeed have taken more than a year.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
I meant Cessna doesn't experiment with experimental uncertified car engines. They have experimented with certified car derived engines from other engine companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.