10/23 Raptor Video

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

231TC

You didn't understand what I said. In start up world any arbitrary milestone can apply. That is how the venture capital world works. Someone perceives that 40 hours means something while doing due diligence or the mark... client... customer... CEO says that is important.... and so it goes in the partnership agreement and all things become contingent on it. BTDT, wore out the t shirts. Doesn't have to make sense. Bean counters don't have a clue how to build an airplane. Of course it proves nothing. But the next tranche depends on it.
OK, but we're talking about aviation, not the startup world. I understand venture capital, it's adjacent to what I do in private equity. But 40 hours appears to be an arbitrary marker in the aviation aspect, which is the topic here. We've been reminded several times that we're to discuss technical aspects of the aircraft and not speculate about the business aspects. I'm quite interested in that side of things and have learned quite a bit lately about the project and partners that isn't public, but it's not what I'm talking about here.

They're apparently not using many metrics regarding the aircraft's flying qualities, mainly just a stopwatch. That's pretty arbitrary to me.

cheapracer

Log Member
So 20 hours flying, where's the "300 ks", as advertised? .. and that's advertised "cruise speed", not maximum speed.

Has it even been over half that yet, eg; 150 kts?

OldRVFlyer

Interesting video regarding diesel aircraft engines in AVweb Flash by Paul Bertorelli at:

Rataplan

So 20 hours flying, where's the "300 ks", as advertised? .. and that's advertised "cruise speed", not maximum speed.

Has it even been over half that yet, eg; 150 kts?
No, he just rented an old cherokee put his ads in it and whatever, and flys dull 8's. so 130 kts is respectable for an old cherokee

WINGITIS

Interesting video regarding diesel aircraft engines in AVweb Flash by Paul Bertorelli at:

I love the quote near the end "IT HAS TO WORK"

Good find.