• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

1 seat 2 small engine push pull?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orsovolante

Good morning
For some weeks I caress the idea of ​​a single-seat airplane, twin engine, push pull.
Before you consider me a fool :), I would offer my thoughts.
The projects of small single-engine aircraft and cars if they are several.
For example I really like the MC30 Luciole of Colombine.
I also like the engine, a Briggs & Stratton V-cylinder, used for the project.
The problem is that the Luciole, as well as other Colombain projects, in order to have good performance with little power, is a reasonably lightweight fuselage. light so that in case of an emergency landing, I offer very little protection is needed.
Furthermore, in order to contain the weight, its projects often require the use of special parts and excellent skills to be realized.
I fly in the mountains and a few adventurous glider landing I happened. Also my experience with small auxiliary engines of gliders, tells me that their reliability is not the best.
So why not think of a twin-engine? The cost in most, in the case of industrial engines, is not much. Probably absorbed by the possibility of not using exotic technologies (the MC30 uses carbon spars custom made). The greater power should bring about a more conventional structure and the push pull formula will not be too much anxiety on the controllability when an engine decides to go off.
Finally, if I was to be a completely rational, I would never have decided to learn to fly.

Back