• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

1/3 scaled affordaplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.dani

Hi all ;
Two months before, I decided to build something big that I’ve never ever build before so I decided to find a good and easy to build aircraft and I bought the plans of the AFFORDAPLANE :
Welcome To Affordaplane Affordable Ultralight Aircraft
And began the work on SOLID WORKS
In fact it was a good way for a better understanding of this plane . I decided to build a 1/3 scaled RC Affordaplane .
This is my first scaling down project and I don’t want to waste money by doing stupid mistakes so; Is there any tips that I should follow ?
I decided to use square carbon fiber tubes for the fuselage ; and this is my first time to deal with carbon fiber square tubes that should be cut and drilled / I used foam for my previous projects/ . So can I use the same way of bolts and rivets to join carbon fiber parts as with aluminum or there is a better way to do that ?
I can send the solid works file to any body for free . just send me a PMdfsd.jpg

Back