Quantcast

1/1 scale BF-109 G10 Messerschmitte

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
Nice. :)

Any more details why you chose this aircraft in the 1/1 scale? I've seen a 1/2 scale wooden/composite Spitfire and it flew beautifully on much less power than the full size or 3/4 replicas.

Weren't there some kind of 3/4 scale plans for a homebuilt Bf 109..?

Last edited:

whizzywhizzer

thanks DangerZone. na this is going to sit in my paddock or maybe suspend it int mid air as a display piece. I wanted full size cause I have never seen a real one before and was curious as to what it would be like built to scale................. so this is where I'm at. it's all made of aluminium & steel.......... so should be pretty strong.

wiloows5050

Log Member
There is a full size replica made of wood being built in Germany. It should get it engine before the end of the year.

Tiger Tim

Any more details why you chose this aircraft in the 1/1 scale?
Ah yes, the rare and weird corollary to "3/4 scale? You should have just built it full size..."

Whizzywhizzer, I think what you're doing is awesome. I too want to someday build a full scale static replica of something just to see one in real life. For me it's going to be some extinct type or maybe a McDonnel Goblin or something.

Toobuilder

HBA Supporter
Log Member
A buddy of my Dad builds full scale 109's out of glass for static display. He's quite the 109 enthusiast, and the detail (down to rivet lines and panel edges) is true to the original. I sat in his prototype and man, that canopy sure makes it tight in there.

wiloows5050

Log Member
It's a mix of birch and mahogany over spruce. As far size for fit that is my 6' tall 180 lb son in the cockpit. He had no problems with the fit.

whizzywhizzer

Tiger Tim, thanks mate. yes the way I see it, this is the only way I am ever going to get to sit in a life size 109. even now I am blown away at how tight the cockpit was and yet how big the plane actually is........... it's so bloody interesting watching it unfold