• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

wood construction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Hello

Hello everyone, I am Jack living in Foley, AL. I am orginally from Michigan stationed in Pensacola, Fl as an Air Traffic Control Instructor. Everything seams to be going High-Tech these days. I decided to attempt to complete a dream of constructing a good old fashioned slow flying wind in...
  2. D

CNC Wood Routing $50/hr

We can route wood or plastics. 4'x8' machine. We are pilots and so we understand how precise things need to be. Call or text 262-707-8361, Dustin
  3. D

I bought this project can someone who knows more about wood look at my pictures?

Hello everyone, I bought this project last summer and my local EAA chapter seems to know nothing on wooden aircraft construction and I can't find anyone to inspect it. It is a Falconar (Jodel) F-12 A. What is missing on the fabric and do the ribs look okay? Any recommendations on where to get...
  4. A

Sources of Dimensional Aircraft Lumber and Sheet Goods

I've pretty much decided to build an Osprey GP-4, and am just beginning to realize the commitment it will require. I think the satisfaction and self-esteem it will help me develop will be very well worth it. Besides, most of our family live 1,600 nm away and we also like to take other long trips...
  5. A

Build a Falco F.8L or an Osprey GP-4?

I'm weighing the differences between a Falco F.8L and The Osprey GP-4. I'd appreciate any comments comparing building and performance of these two aircraft. The mission profile is rapid cross-country composed of relatively long haul travel for two adults with some baggage space and full IFR...
  6. radioinred

UL biplane in the design stage

Ok guys, heres the plan. Ultralight biplane with 20 ft. span top and bottom, 4.5 ft. chord, flat bottom Clark Y type airfoil, half span ailerons on the lower wing, none on the upper. I want to make (4) 10 ft. spars by laminating (4-5) 1/2X6 in. poplar planks together with a very strong epoxy...
Back