• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

thickness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. U

Thickness of 6061-T6 Wing Ribs

Greetings Builders, I am building my own design, tailless, aircraft. Wingspan is 40’. I am going to use 6061-T6 for the wing ribs.However, I’m running into a little snag... What gauge should I use. What do most aircrafts call for? The only blueprints I have is for a Pietenpol and that’s all...
  2. DaveD

Minimum Composite Thickness/Layup

I'm suprised there isn't already a thread on this, but I couldn't find one specifically. Digging around in other threads I found a few suggestions for minimums but there is obviously a degree of personal preference. Here's what I've come up with: Glass (GRP): Billski mensions 3×7oz UNI...
  3. M

Canopy Stress

Hi, does anybody know how to calculate acrylic or polycarbonate molded canopy thickness based on it's area for pressurized tandem 2 seat airplane? Pressure difference is 5psi. I'm not sure if canopy can be made from 1 piece or separate for pilot in front seat and 2nd. pilot in back seat. I...
Back