• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

rib

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

Wing Ribs

I'm currently working on a 44lbs piston engine UAV with 13.12 feet wingspan and 15.5 sq ft wing area. The engine produces 12 HP @ 7500 rpm and it's capable of 9000 rpm and i'll probably use a 28x10 propeller. The mission is recon and i want the UAV to be capable of at least 6 hours of flight...
  2. cluttonfred

Sneaky tapered wings?

The Sky Pup’s slightly tapered wing is made by joining identical front and rear half ribs to a tapered spar and using little strips to bridge the gaps over the top of the spar. That got me thinking about other sneaky ways to create tapered wings with simplified methods. Off the top of my...
  3. nickec

Routing Out All Your Aluminum Ribs *Without* Welding Them Together

Playing around with a router to make aluminum ribs, from 6061T6 .020 sheet, I got a notion: Might I make all my constant chord wing ribs in a single pass? Knowing that people often encountered challenges with multiple blanks welding together while being routed out I decided to experiment - I...
  4. gicummo

wing rib gussets

Hello everybody; I have a problem, I'm traying to resolve it by two or threee differents ways, but I want to know from you why I could be wrong or wright. I can not find 1/16 plywood for the gussets where I live, minnimun 3mm and it isn't very good; so I build my own 1/16 gussets in three ways...
Back