• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. wsimpso1

Cabin Heat, Water Cooled Engines - Which Way is Best and Why?

OK, there are some mighty tempting water cooled (auto conversions) engines out there. If one of us were to use one of them, we also have options for cabin- and windshield-heat. Which one is best and why? Options appear to be: Exhaust muff and mixer box forward of the firewall. NEVER liked this...
  2. S

Airplane Hardware Kits and other aircraft needs

Hey guys, I am Tyler over here at Spencer Aircraft and I know with a lot of those home built projects, you'll need the proper hardware to do so. If you call or email me ([email protected] 253.848.9349) we can get you set up with hardware kits for any project you need. Our shop is...
  3. Armilite

Have you ever used Amsoil Saber at 80/100:1, and had an Engine Failure?

Have YOU ever used Amsoil Saber Synthetic 2 Stroke Oil at 80/100:1, and had an Engine Failure? Please, Only Reply IF, YOU have used it in any 2 Stroke. Tell what Motor, Rpms, and the Type of Failure if you can. Thanks Rich
  4. Lee Schaumberg

Don't Dry Start your Engine

Hello Engines require oil to lubricate and cool like the body uses blood to do. About 50% of the wear occurs during start up. Stationary engines have a prelube pump to use Before start up. These engines can run 20,000 hours at full load between overhauls. Starting a dry and cold engine...
Back