• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

fuel tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Leaking fuel tank

Hello there my fellow builders. I picked up a project and one of the issues is that the fiberglass wing tanks have small leaks. I’ve seen numerous products on Aircraft Spruce that you can pour into your tank to seal any pin hole leaks. Has anyone used any of these products? I’d like to avoid...
  2. L

How to prevent low-wing fuel system to draw air?

Hello, I'm designing the fuel system for a low wing aircraft. There is one tank located inside each wing. As locating a header tank is almost imposible (there is no posible place lower than the wing tanks) I can't get to a solution to prevent the fuel pump of drawing air during climb or an...
  3. T

Why not use bladders in fuel tanks?

I have this weird idea that I got while drinking from a water bladder out in the wilderness. Why not install a bladder inside the fuel tank so that there is less likelihood of air in the gasoline tank? Secondary question I was wondering is about ferry tanks. Why not have a bladder as a...
  4. N

Fuel tank welding flanges are they needed?

Just getting components ready for building custom fuel tanks in the wings, the tanks will be made of .032 2024 aluminium riveted and pro-sealed. I am trying to work out the easiest way to attach the fuel lines / vent tubes etc. Standard install from bingelis books is to use a pipe thread...
  5. V

Crash-resistant fuel tanks/fuel cells: Making 'em or finding a source

I'd be interested in any ideas for making/buying crash-resistant custom fuel tanks or fuel cells (i.e. a tank with a flexible bladder). I'd like to put them in the wing behind the spar, I like the idea of thick cross-linked HDPE or similarly tough, non-brittle material. The auto-racing...
Back