• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

epoxy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. cblink.007

FibreGlast System 2000 and EcoPoxy...your thoughts??

Team: We have been doing some significant epoxy research for our 2-seat aircraft. It will be of similar structure/construction technique as aircraft such as the Cozy and Long EZ. We already got a ton of great information from the PTM&W Industries (Aeropoxy) with their ES6247 (Bonding) and...
  2. ULF

Prefered wood glue

Hi, I`m planning on building a ULF 1, all pine , spruce german construction, out of the 70s. What glue sould I consider ? Aerodux 2 komponent ? Aeropoxy ES 6209 ? Aeropoxy ES 6279 ? R&G Laminating epoxy Aero L20... I use this resin for handlayup fibreglss for my model planes. How about UHU...
  3. A

Composite upper wing structure

Hello, and thank you for viewing my question. Just a query I have regarding composites (has to be manufacturing using carbon/epoxy, 0/90 degree orientation) When designing a composite wing skin, to stiffen it, I propose to either have thicker geometry, insert a core (not sure which one) or...
  4. B

High-performance epoxy resin--VDO

vinylcyclohexene diepoxide (VDO), left over from building high-performance composite kayaks. This is a low-viscosity, reactive epoxy diluent. That is, it lowers the viscosity of the resin formulation while participating in the cure and cross-linking. It should be used in vacuum bagging and...
  5. G

Epoxy & More

Ordered from EBay $39.95: 12 boxes of SUREWOOD 2-PART SPRING BOLT EPOXY ADHESIVE INDUSTRIAL NEW FREE SHIP Each box contains 12 oz of A + B clear epoxy in two metal cans, I prefer metal over poly jugs. So 24 x 12= 288 oz...
  6. J

Do you HAVE to use everything in order, mold, prepreg, peelply, breather, bag....

Do you HAVE to use everything in order, mold, prepreg, peelply, breather, bag.... I am asking because we have been playing with other ways, in our shop, of making a part. We have been playing with other methods to reduce the amount of time spent sanding, filling, resin coats, more sanding etc...
  7. karoliina.t.salminen

Has anyone considered using Hybtonite nanotube epoxy in home built composite aircraft

Hi, It seems that some major sports equipment manufacturers have already adapted this (Hybtonite + Carbon fiber laminate). So this can not be compete vaporware, there has to be validity to this. I asked the reason why carbon nanotubes in random direction could be beneficial from one NASA guy...
Back