• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

bd5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

Original bd5 650cc hirth engine

Hirth 650cc dual ignition twin carb. With original exhaust. The upgraded hirth 280r that was redesigned for the bd5 in 1973. (Hirth f20 ba1)Has only a few hours on it and was sealed up in climate controlled storage for years. Will obviously need new oil seals at minimum. Possibly more. Appears...
  2. ahawk

BD-5B Airplane Clean

BD-5B airplane FOR SALE We bought it from a friend whose father bought an original kit and built the plane. It has a Hirth engine To the best of our knowledge it last flew 30 years ago. Plane was stored in a hanger in Raleigh, NC. Please make an offer. I am not fishing.... I need the...
  3. J

BD-5 drive system/engine/main landing gear/etc.

Looking for: 1) BD5 drive system. An engine that is matched to it is ideal, but if it was for a fairly common engine I may be able to work with it. 2) Main landing gear (I have 2 nose struts, so OK there) but am missing the mains. Thanks, -jeff
  4. X

BD5 Wanted For Display Only.

BD5 Fuselage, a crummy canopy and tail surfaces are OK , Wanted For Hanging Display Only. What do you have? I don't want a pile of corroded sheet metal. Close to Texas. Send specifics price and pics to; [email protected]
  5. P

Carbon/single-seat fuselage's for sale!

I built first Lancair in nc, USA. This is another fuselage that has nomexhoneycomb firewalls, bulkheads,&gearwells just like the Lancair . I will send you photos of shop, tooling, storage and many projects of this kit including EV trikes and planes. The flying wing will make a comeback(my...
Back