• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

spar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. N

How are ribs attached to the spars of a tapered wing

Hi, I was wondering how ribs are attached to the spars in a tapered wing? I'm asking because in a rectangular wing the ribs and the spars are at right angles to each other but not in a tapered wing. Thanks in advance
  2. C

Best spar construction/attachment for strength. Acrobatic wing design

What is the best spar attachment for strength for wing load? Also should the wing be one piece, going through the fuselage with a one piece spar going from wing tip to wing tip? How are acrobatic aircraft wings/spars constructed and attached to allow such a heavy wing load?
  3. birdus

Are these spar blanks okay?

Long story short, a few months ago, I posted a question about a spar I had from Aircraft Spruce with a tiny knot and asked if it was okay. I ended up ordering a new set of blanks from Wicks. I'm just getting to the point where I'm about ready to assemble the wings. I just now (not an hour ago)...
  4. SpainCub

Critic my Spar idea, also help finding a source for the parts needed.

Hi All, I have been thinking about building a Box Spar that is both Composite and Wood. Here is is what I am considering that would like your feedback on. I was hoping to originally build a box spar made of all composite, but the cost and the weigh savings weren't all there by the time I...
  5. Sir Joab

Composite Wing Spar for an Ultralight

Hey guys, I'm working on a design for an ultralight somewhat similar to Airdrome Airplanes' 'Dream Classic'. I'm a collage student studying Electrical Engineering (2 years so far)... I say this to communicate two things: 1. I have a limited budget 2. I can do the math, but my...
Back