• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Should we have a 'Off Topic' thread (discussion)..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman

Site Developer
Midniteoyl edit: I separated out these posts as I feel a proper discussion on this topic is needed and everyone should have a chance to weigh in.

This discussion started with the posting here: https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/hangar-flying/9089-worlds-largest-army.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread couldn't come at a better time. I'll be announcing a new set of user guidelines that will be used to keep the forum on track as best as possible. Up till now there haven't been any guidelines about off-topic discussion (i.e. non-aviation topics) and we've been playing pretty loose on the subject. After tonight, when the new user guidelines go into affect, these kinds of topics will go by the wayside.

I'm torn because things like this are funny to me and I like to talk about them with people that are like minded, but they can also be a lightning rod for hurt feelings. Maybe we should consider an Off-topic forum? I'm inclined to say no because I just don't want the hard working moderators to have to work overtime on off-topic threads that can go haywire pretty easily. Then again maybe it could be an outlet of sorts.

I might post another thread to get some feedback on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back