• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

DC-3 spotted yesterday in Tallahasee...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CALL911

So I dropped into Tallahasee regional yesterday and after my jet was fueled I went back out to notice an old DC-3 parked next to me.

It was really amazing to see. The first thing that came to my mind was the old C-47's that dropped in the majority of troops on D-Day, then played the huge role of the Berlin Arilift, and went on to be mounted with heavy armament becoming one of the first Gunships during Vietnam.

The plane had new engines on it and a fresh paintjob. I would have loved to see it on the inside but didn't have time. I did get to see it start up, taxi out and takeoff, and it was really cool.

Maybe I'm just an aviation geek here, but I thought it was pretty sweet to see an old piece of history still flying.

Back