• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another noob ;^)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlknolla

Hello all,

Been into sport aviation for about 20 years and only recently found this forum - seems like a great group.

About me, almost 40, married with a daughter about to go into high school - I work as a contract engineer (aerospace and defense, in logistics, not design) ans am usually 500-1000 miles from home. This has driven my interest in designing/building my own original plane (primary mission is high speed, high altitude, high efficiency long distance sport tourer, 2-seat). Strongly favoring the Rahm Fold-A-Plane design concept with some use of moldless foam core, O-320/IO-360 powered, think BD-5 meets Piaggio Avanti, put on some Barry White music and see what pops out 9 months later :gig:.

I'll post more as I get deeper into the design study - basically running the numbers through Raymer, Roncz and a few others, is looking good but am not ready to publish the predictions yet.

Here is a recent layout sketch (I am still old fashioned and use paper and lead). Comments/questions welcome.
Stinger360Internal.jpg

Back