• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cabin heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtstrip

Hey its cold up here in South Dakota. I have the Tundra aircraft and you can see the heat ducting setup at my profile page. I am pulling cabin heat off one heat muff at present and have the other muff dedicated to carb heat. When the carb heat is not in use the heat from that muff is vented out the bottom of the carb heat box to the outside air. A standard Lycoming setup. I want to make the heat from both muffs go to the cabin heat and let the carb heat pull from the heater hose when needed. The problem is when the carb heat is not in use all the heat will still be vented out the bottom of the carb heat box to the outside instead of going to the cabin. Can I just cap the external vent on the bottom of the carb heat box to send it to the heater? Or do I need to install a secondary control with cable at the carb heat box to direct the heat to the cabin or out the vent? I will be working on this today and trying to make it work. Thanks for any help.

Back