• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Great Day !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Man Mike

I had a great day yesterday --I was at my Hanger loading my gyro up on the trailer to go to Coolidge for our monthly fly in /campout.
My Hanger is directly across from the site the Goodyear Blimp uses when it comes to town. Well ALL day it was doing sightseeing for the dignitaries that participated in the NASCAR Race last weekend. It was quite a sight --I walked out to the edge of the field and watched the Blimp takeoff and land approx 5 times in a 4 hour period. I mean I was CLOSE --on more than one occasion the Blimp passed within 25 ft of me-- it was awesome--The Blimp on takeoff was unbelievable -- he set it at an attitude of about 45 degrees and poured the coal to it --at that point I was about 200' behind it --it reminded me of a Whale breaking water--he climbed in a high angle left turn to about 500' and then went on his way --Im sure that take off was for the benefit of the "passengers"--

I didnt have my camera but I had my cell phone. I set the resolution to High and shot a crap load of pictures. Now I just have to figuire a way to download them . My carrier says it is possible but I have to sign up for the internet--Oh well its just a couple of bucks a month more!!

Back