• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

T88 epoxy question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor8138

While building my Stork, I've been running a small electric heater inside of the plastic tent that I've built over my table to keep the temperature up and give the glue a chance to cure.
I haven't had the misfortune of losing power through the winter but that brings up a scenario and a question about T88 epoxy.
If I had parts glued and lost power,with the temps. falling through the night below the 36° F listed lowest curing temp....would the glue joints be a loss and need to be redone even if the temp came back up within the 72 hour cure time ?
I understand that the 2 parts of the epoxy start a thermal reaction and the generated heat is what makes the glue cure.
If the temp falls before the glue is cured will it be a loss or can it be kick started back into curing by applying heat from an external source?

Kevin

Back