• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Point me towards interesting concepts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copec

I love thinking about interesting concepts or thought experiments - although with my experience in other fields - I do understand the difference between a well developed and understood approach and wishful thinking.

I also really enjoy arbitrary debate to flush out true concerns.

The chance that I come up with an original idea when it comes to airplane/craft design is extremely low, yet I don't feel really solid that have a grasp of aviation on the web so I keep coming across totally arbitrary new things. Hence the source of my question.

For instance: It seems for the speeds and power we are talking about that that the spoilers in a sailplane could be substituted for an array of small ducted fans for self launch and sustaining. Has anyone seen where this concept has been studied?

Back