• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Laminating Bush Alaska

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenai.pilot

Hi all, I have caught cabin fever on the Kenai, Alaska!

4 feet of snow out and enthusiasm burning hotter than the leaky old wood stove in my cabin.....

I want to laminate all the critical structural members of my stork like bush plane ............
I want to do it this way for 2 reasons

1)simply do to cost trouble involved ingetting un-obtanium..simply meaning its tough .getting what I need....AND that is considering I live within shoutin distance of living sitka spruces...LOL

Primarily the way Im thinking is that my experience with laminates is VERY impressive!

Any builders tread this path before me?
I have read about a presenter at Oshkosh on "big box wood 2017" that likes to do it this way...

the view out my window
1544318451570.jpg

Last edited:
Back