• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mike makes parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've followed my last few posts here you'll know I'm searching for a project. Untill I find one or figure out what that is I'd still like to have fun building parts, which is what I truly enjoy. It's been a real challenge to figure all this out for me but the one thing I know for sure is that I love scratch building parts.

So this thread is not about building a airplane. This thread is just a record of myself building various parts and just having fun. I especially enjoy making parts I haven't yet made before.

With absolutely no idea of what airplane I would want I decided to go through every set of plans I have and just find a part or component I'd like to build that would offer me various challenges for the sake of fun and learning knowing that it won't fly, it will simply be art but will still be per plans and airworthy because I always build to the absolute best of my ability. I never take short cuts.

After spending the evening going through plan sets I decided to built a Pitts S1 lower wing. In the next post I'll explain why.

IMG_20190220_203600966.jpg

Last edited:
Back