• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Welding Aluminum any Pro's on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armilite

Never Welded Aluminum before, got my New Combo Mig/Tig/Stick Welder a while back, still have to get the Spool Gun for doing Aluminum, but should be getting it soon. I want to add Material to the PTO Case for some Bosses for a Gear or Belt Drive like the 277 Case. I do plan to practic on a junk case before using a good one.

1. I was thinking of making a Dam around the Area using some Clay, or would I be better just Welding in some chunks of Aluminum to fill in the area.

2. Is it best to Heat part first in an Oven before Welding on it? What Temp if so?

Attachments

• 335 CASE LEFT 277 CASE PTO VIEWS.jpg
    335 CASE LEFT 277 CASE PTO VIEWS.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 335 CASE LEFT 277 CASE PTO VIEWS_LI.jpg
    335 CASE LEFT 277 CASE PTO VIEWS_LI.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 23
Back