• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The new Gorilla Clear glue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Bill

I know.... Not another gorilla glue post but hear me out.

Im always looking for alternative glues. Recently I stumbled across some gorilla glue that appeared to be different from their other products. At first I thought it was a repackaged version of the foaming type glue that isn’t brown. Reading the bottle this formula is non foaming.
I bought some to try and so far I’ve been really impressed with it as a wood glue. Specs show it’s not to be submerged in water and it’s max temperature is less than their other glues at 180F.
it has similar viscosity as the brown stuff, and activates/cures with moisture. I’ve always thought that the original gorilla glue would be great if it didn’t foam. And this clear glue does just that.
I’ve done a bunch of small tests on aircraft ply to itself, cedar, poplar, hardwoods, etc.
Very strong with no glue joint failures.
Dont know that I would build anything structural with it but..
Just thought I would mention it here. I guess it’s been out a while but I had not heard of it.

Back