• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Questions about the Scheibe SF-24 and other motorgliders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arfang

Supporting Member
Good day all,

Now that my jet K8 has been compromised, I need to find a new way to power the old lady. It will be either a turboprop or a more conventional ICE. I could mount the engine on a pylon over the fuselage like I did with the jet version but I would like to keep the fuselage somewhat clean by installing the engine in the nose.

I'm looking for any information about the SF-24 Motorspatz or any other glider converted into a motorglider with a nose-mounted engine. Pictures or drawings of the engine installation, manufacturer website, anything just to give me an idea.

121221-a60-electravia-6569.jpgScheibe_SF24_D_Keba.JPG

Below are the drawings of the K8 front fuselage:

216_11_S2_Tr-Br-1.jpg216_11_S4-page-001.jpg

Your suggestions and comments are welcome.

Back