• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Faa rules on fuel cut off valves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12notes

Supporting Member
I've looked through 14CFR, especially part 23 (even though it doesn't apply to E-AB), but could not find anything related to fuel cut off valves on normal category or E-AB aircraft. I also browsed through AC43.13-1B without any success.

Does anyone know where to find the regulations for fuel cut off valves? Do wing tanks that feed a header tank need cockpit controllable valves? Does a positive shut off fuel pump count?

I would not be surprised if it's in one of the sources I checked and I just missed it.

Back