• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The Wooden Wonder (book)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cluttonfred

Supporting Member
This came up years ago in another thread but I was reminded of it today and I think it deserves its own post. The Wooden Wonder by James G. Robins is a great little book, all pen-and-ink and watercolor drawings, some of them cutaways, no photos, with historical notes and trivia on everything from delicate pre-WWI types to the Bachem Ba 349 Natter rocket fighter and more. It was published in the UK in 1975 in a relatively small run but you can still find it on Abebooks.com for just a few bucks or via your local used bookstore. Here's an example of the artwork, and no I don't *only* like it because there is a Pou-du-Ciel on the cover!

39105177_10217396038595626_1700600495648800768_n.jpg HM18.JPG

Back