• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cassutt IIM Racer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ne_smith85

Cassutt IIM project for sale in South Carolina. The aircraft was one of the original "Miami Project" aircraft, built as a IIM fuselage with a 22" wide cockpit. The wing is a stock IIIM racer wing. The aircraft has been stripped down, bead blasted, epoxy coated, all hardware replaced and ready for covering and engine fitting. Brand new cleveland brakes and tires were purchased and installed last year. The project has just about everything you need for a flying aircraft minus an engine and fabric for the fuselage. Due to moving overseas i am forced (reluctantly) to part with the project. I am selling in the current state as fabric / paint and engine are very owner specific - thus, now is the time for me to part ways with the aircraft. See pictures below - ailerons / pushrods are not attached but included. Fibreglass cowling not pictured but included.

Also included is a IIIM fuselage, empennage, gear spring, engine bearers, ailerons and controls for a second project. This 2nd project does require a strip down and some welding, unlike the IIM. Finally i have a 17ft trailer rigged to transport both projects, which can also be purchased if required, meaning all that you need for collection is a tow hitch!

Please contact me for pictures, details and to ask any questions.

Nick

image2.jpgimage1.jpg

Back