• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New to HBA but not to home building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billrsv4

Greetings HBA!
I'm a mechanical engineer and have been an extreme gearhead since I knew what a gear was! I have worked on home building projects from as far back as the BD-5 when I was a kid to my current project an RV-10. I am involved in a major alternate engine project centered on the Mazda version of the Wankel rotary engine. I plan to power my 10 with the 3 rotor version which should easily make the 265 max recommended HP and be lighter than the IO-540 Lycoming. I have an excellent reduction drive specifically designed for the rotary that is running now and very slick. I'm helping with a RV-3 and Lancair 360 both powered with rotaries. Let's Experiment! I'm an EAA member of 2 chapters, Livermore a FANTASTIC building chapter and one in Martel in the CA gold country. Martel is a very small chapter but just starting to make some noise. I like ALL things aviation, and wish I could afford myself! Fly safe and you will be hearing from me in several of the forums.
Bill

Back