• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Recurring Costs: What really bites you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What THREE of these recurring costs really impact your ability to own an airplane?

• Hangar Rent

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • Annual Inspections

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Maintenance of Certified Engines

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Cost of Certified Airframe Parts for Repairs/Maintenance

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Cost of Aviation Fuel (versus Auto Fuel)

• Hull Insurance

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Biennial Flight Reviews/Recurring Flight Training

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Hangar Rent

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • Annual Inspections

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Maintenance of Certified Engines

• Cost of Certified Airframe Parts for Repairs/Maintenance

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Cost of Aviation Fuel (versus Auto Fuel)

• Hull Insurance

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Biennial Flight Reviews/Recurring Flight Training

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my polls, and the one that Skier just posted, the subject of "recurring costs" being an impediment to owning an airplane came up several times. In fact, some cited it as more important than the initial cost of the airplane itself. I think that's pretty significant.

Let's explore that a little. Here's another poll. As before, I want to force the issue a little. Obviously, all of these are expenses that you'd like to reduce. I get that. But which THREE really gall you? Of all of these, which three are the ones that really put a crimp in your desire to own an airplane?

If I've missed anything, please feel free to mention it in the comments below.

Thanks!

This poll closes 15 days from today.

Back