• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

legal issues -flying and driving vehicles (roadables)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aircar

I just found this very significant paper ( a thesis) that addresses the legal issues around the introduction of flying cars and the like --it looks ahead to the time when mass popular useage of these vehicles will be a reality and sets out to see what, if any, changes to the way the law deals with both cars and airplanes now might need to be made to accommodate the combined vehicle. I haven't read it all yet -just skimmed and copied a few pages for a review so don't endorse any views (or the opposite) --few academics have taken the whole field seriously enough to devote time to asking the 'what if?' sort of questions so for that I am indebted to the author Mr Oleksiy Burchevsky
and in the spirit of caring and sharing here is the link (124 pages ..)
[url=http://digitool.library.mcgill.ca/webclient/StreamGate?folder_id=0&dvs=1391156622404~143
I Any HBAer with a legal background or contacts might like to contribute their thoughts on the subject of future incorporation of roadable air vehicles into the US airspace system and their assessment of the legal hurdles or otherwise. end

Last edited:
Back