• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Folding Wings on VP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris m

I am going to start building hopefully this spring. I was pretty intent on building Fishers FP-303, mainly due to it's folding wings,

(I have about 700ft of runway (turf) that slopes slightly downward. I know it is WAY over what the manufacture's take-off roll is set at.)

I would really like to take my plane to a several 1000 ft runway for it's very first flight. I found the site for the volksplane and really like the looks of it, mainly the fact that it does not take a rotax that needs to be rebuilt every 300 hours, and can easily get a canopy on it. Plus I have always liked four-strokes over two-stroke.

Does anyone have any idea if someone has every built a VP with folding wings? Also does anyone know where any pictures of the two seater VP, (VP2 right?) There web site does not have any pictures of this plane.

Also does anyone have an experience dealing with the FAA and putting a grass strip in for private use? Just wondering if there are any big hold ups that are common, and about how long it takes to get it all done and ready to fly out off.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Back