• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

GA A&P's and home builts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

My A&P and I got into a heated dicussion the other day about my annual.
He said he could have kept my bird on the ground for ever because it does not have certified parts on it. I told him a Homebuilt does not have to have these parts. He said he did me a favor by issuing a Airworthy certificate for me becuase of these parts on my bird. I told him he did me no favors he did his job. He does not understand Home built and the rules for them. I tried to tell him but he says I know nothing....I thought an A&P should no all this without some lay-man like me telling him.
Will I use him again.... no.
This makes me sick. Am I wrong for thinking these people should know thier jobs and what that intails. If these people are A&P's it should not matter if its a homebuilt or a GA style bird. Just imagine you go into the DMV for a motorcycle license and they hit you or stop the test for not having a front and rear bumper. This is the same thing.
Maybe we need A&P's that are just for homebuilts. I will never take my bird to another GA A&P.. Now what do I do for my annual....I know those will say go take the course and do my own Annual. That would be great if someone offered that around my area...

Tony

I just want to fly

Back