• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Grounded Badger Looking for advice and help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedBadger132

Hey Everyone,

I am sort of new here. I used to be a member but unfortunately dropped off too long ago to keep up. I'm a 26 yr old who is unfortunately stuck on the ground. I am obsessed with flying from my first discovery flight to now. I want to make flying my profession, not so much airline pilot but smaller twin engine small company sort of pilot.

I can't afford to go to school to get my commercial license, nor can I even afford to get my private pilot’s license. If anyone can give me some advice on how to make this a reality short of joining the military, I will take whatever advice/help I can get.

I have a family, full time job and a mortgage. Being the only income generator, going to pilot school full time might not be in the cards.... L. Again any ideas or help of what I may be able to do would be greatly appreciated.

I’m looking to buy an ultra light or a trike to start off with so that I can at least fly on the weekends. (yes I will be taking lessons) so if anyone can point me in the right direction and where the best place to buy a used one would be(online or actual business), again would be greatly be appreciated.

I live close to Burlington, WI and would love to find out if anyone on here is an avid pilot in this area, as well as an Ultra light or Trike clubs/organizations in the area.

Awesome site & can’t wait to put my two cents in.:ban:

Back