• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Brutality Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppergirl

attachment.php

So, since I've refinanced and consolidated my debt, at an insane 25% interest rate, and now have some breathing and wiggle room, and it don't look like I'll ever get a job on this continent in this disaster nation, I might as well work balls to the wall like a bat out of hell, and see just how many days it takes me to complete my airplane project. I really would like to know. How like would it take me, if I just wailed away at it constantly hardcore until I was done...?

According to my visual road map pictograph above, it takes more than just building an airplane to achieve my total package dream... I need to get five pieces (oo, just like Sucker Punch)... a plane, a truck, a trailer, and a hanger.

My idea is, eventually I can travel anywhere scenic to fly, park it at a small town municipal airport and sleep in the back of the truck under the camper top, like a massive road trip, and then the next day fly around and check out the local scenery from above. Maybe take my dad. We did a trip to Jackson Hole like that once, sleeping in the back of the truck with a hanging bunk bed situation with me on the top bunk. Go to airshows and everything. When at home and first learning to fly, park the whole thing in my hanger out of the elements, and just drive it the 10 miles to the local airport to fly back and forth between local airports. No hanger costs, no buying 5 acres and building an airport (at least not yet), no flying cross country in a fast airplane only to be stuck at an airport you can't even leave from because you have no car. Tow it where I want to go, and fly it low and slow to see what there is to see. Just like Volmer did back in the day.

So now that I finished my small little garden trailer build to haul hanger building supplies I scavenge using my free Craigslist lawnmower (pictures here), I can now attack any of the other projects. I'm not sure which is most important, fixing the truck first, or building the hanger, or finishing the plane, or derusting and painting the trailer... but I finally decided, it doesn't matter what I work on, they all need to be completed and restored...

So today, brutality.... instead of building a whole new building on the farm from scratch, and raising the tax rate, I thought it would be better to restore one of our barns where my wings are already hanging and the Woodhopper is already in there... not to mention old bicycles hanging from the rafters just like Orville and Wilber's shop. We're probably already being taxed for the full building anywhere even though it's no longer there and hasn't been for a long time courtesy of a fallen tree.

attachment.php

You can see all the tin I've pulled out so far from where the replacement lean-to has got to go... various junk like this cow watering device was buried under like 3 inches of organic rubbish accumulated over the years...

You can also see the two pieces of sliding door glass I want to use for windows.

All this below and more has got to go, to clear a driveway exit path... get in there with your loppers, and cut every briar one by one.

If I had a bulldozer, this could probably be done in 5 minutes... but I don't, so we do it the hard way, get brutal!

attachment.php

Chopper chops a tree...

attachment.php

Loppers and the brutality of my lawn mower to maul what's left....

attachment.php

Very satisfying to drive over what was left of those briars with the lawnmower after lopping at them all day
... and cleaning out a huge bundle of rusty barb wire, chicken fence wire, tree limbs, and a piece of telephone pole

attachment.php

Imagine something like that horse trailer behind that same truck once restored, only about 20 feet long and enclosing my plane, and some graphics painted on the side.

After measuring things on the intact side lean to, I decide if I want to drive a covered trailer in one side and out the other, then I need to use the center section of the barn instead to house my project, because an enclosed trailer is going to be pretty tall.

attachment.php

Like... this... here's the visual plan... of where I'm planning to go with this...

attachment.php

I may have to do something with swing arms on the door, so they can swing to the side while also swinging out, in case I just want to leave my truck still attached to the tongue of the trailer sticking out through the crack of the doors... and not have to unhitch it every time I want to close or open the door, then back it back up and hitch it again etc. It would be very nice if I could just leave the truck hitched to the trailer and plane inside and parked there on the back side....

FREEDOM

These are your weapons. When you take them, you begin your journey. Your journey to freedom...

The fifth thing I need is of course... me... as... pilot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back