• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CRICRI MC-15 NY USA!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimaxjon

Here we go everyone,
My name is Jon and I too have hit the cri cri addiction:gig:!

This will be my first build thread and my first metal airplane build! So anyone with insight, helpful tips, or any other knowledge will be greatly appreciated! I am not going to rush thru this build so no clue on how long this could take but im going to try not to draw it out too long as I really cant wait to get this bird in the air!

Measure twice cut once!

I have started ordering parts and tools and supplies and they have started showing up at my door as of today and tomorrow! Most tools for this build I have been piecing together thru out the last month or so.
The way I plan on going about the build is Start with the horz stab then vert. stab and rudder, then fuse, then wings. Hopefully I can get each part complete before moving on to the next that way it should make things seem easier? lol
here is my list of tools so far to start this build:

Full Plan set and manuals
Brand new 26 gal air compressor with drill, air shear, and drivers
30" sheet metal bending break
Rivet gun (air and hand operated)
**** ton of clamps
6" Bench Vice
Hand electric drill
Full socket set
500 Count 3/32" Clecos
525 Count 1/8" Clecos
Drill bits 1/16" to 1/2" (full set)