• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

STEVE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BASE

Hi My Names Steve from the UK you guys in The US and OZ seem to be able todo things
here in the UK nothing happens .But I did a basic aernautical engineering course and am
trying to design and build my own aircraft using old technology ie ist world war and
a diesel engine running on bio diesel for environmental reasons can anybody out there
give me some advice some of the technical jargon on the course was beyond me is there
any way you can simplfy it .I have worked out some of the basics but on the course they did not actually tell us how strong and flexible the wing needs so it doesent snap.How
do you work out the size of wooden spars you need to carry the weight of the engines.
we did do bending moments but ?
I do know that you have to bend the wing in a gig to a specfic force in Newtons.
can you help thankyou regards Steve

Back