• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Gyro or Fixed Wing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjv1993

I want to start building my aircraft as soon as the weather breaks. But the only thing I cant choose is if I want to build a Gyroplane or a fixed wing like the Affordaplane.
Ive read that for cruising and long distance flights, go with the FW. But also that they aren't very good for windy applications.
Ive also read that for short takeoff/landing to go with the gyro, but they suck fuel and are considerably louder and also more windy (due to rotor) then FW's.
Both seem fun to fly, but I cant make up my mind. Anyone have any experiences that might help me make up my mind?
Thanks!

Back