• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Dynel Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3storch

I've never done anything with composites. I was reading on the web about the early KR series plane, and how he used Dynel, rather than fiberglass. I want to know why dynel, and if dynel is still used (or even available).

vs fibreglass is Dynel

cheaper

lighter

easier to use

less health hazard

or what?

Waiting eagerly for the replies of experienced users,

J3

Back