• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Member? Yep!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skip_hill

Well, I'm an Old fart having fun with my Retirement.. I am a member of EAA Ch 565 in Punta Gorda FL, and PRA,EAA Ch 1192 in Labelle FL. Punta Gorda is my home chapter and LaBelle is my Gyro Club. I first started flying in 1956 in a J-3 Cub that belonged to a friend my brother raced cars with. I traded wrench time on his car for fly time in his J-3.
While in the Marine Corps I had the opportunity to fly some, but seemed like I was in a classroom too much of the time. After that raising a family put flying on the bottom of the list (How many times have we heard this story?) I partnered with a friend with a Gyro, Benson B8, in the late 60's. After we used it up, I didn't fly for several years. Since moving to Florida in 1979 I have been involved in ultralights, a Quicksilver, and one that was "built-like" a QS. I helped to restore a Forney Ercoupe, a Cessna 150, and an Experimental Home Built called a "Woody-Pusher" It was copied from the Curtiss-Wright Trainer of the 30's.. (Open Cockpit, flies GREAT) I have a partial Corbin Junior Ace, waiting for me to feel like welding again, in the meantime I am building a UL Gyro, "Gyro-Bee" I would like to build a Zodiac 601 XL for the "Sport Class" license coming up. WHO SAID RETIREMENT WAS BORING????

Back