• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Propeller pitch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magisterol

Hello guys. I am thinking about changing the prop on my Mustang II and I found this article done by Brien Seeley from CAFE Foundation about a Mustang Ii. It uses a Pacesetter 68x66 DxP prop. It says top speed is 210mph at 2868 rpm. My prop is 68” D and a blade angle of 25.85deg at .75R, which gives me pitch of 74”. My speed tops at 165 kts TAS, when the prop turns at 2900rpm. My question is how a smaller pitch can allow a higher speed? I was looking for prop charts from the current prop manufacturers, bot certified and experimental, but most of them didn’t answer and those that answered, said they don’t use charts, just templates. Any thoughts? Thanks. The title of the article is below.

Attachments

• 2359C0AD-37F2-406E-9077-B373643F68F3.png
    2359C0AD-37F2-406E-9077-B373643F68F3.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
Back