• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Barn Find Shopping ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
What have you found to be the best resource for finding the elusive barn find ?

Lol OK I know by definition they’re not gonna be easy and I shop craigslist and the messenger marketplace, eBay and barnstormers.
And I keep shopping them because I’m hoping lightning will strike twice.
I’m beginning to worry that I passed up my chance.
I have decided that I am not of the nature to completely build an aircraft I need the kind of thing where I can clean out the cobwebs flush out the tanks carburetor and fly !
Sadly I think I found my dream plane too early. Right after I started my search, sitting in the shed in Alabama was one of the Four place cub clones with an experimental engine on it.
At only $4500 I don’t know why I let it go by other than my reluctance to acquire an experimental engine.
Now I think I would’ve snapped it up in a heartbeat
But the question is have you found anything online seems to be the kind of place That non-flyers faced with disposing of an estate tend to post airplanes found in the garage shed or backyard
Where is the spot where uncle Harold the tinker advertises all that stuff for sale when he decides it’s time to clean up the place?

Could there be a better way ? I’d really like to fly Alaska next summer.

Back