• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The ramp queen...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsrguy3

Victor Bravo suggested a thread for this odd bird so here goes. I put it in the bush forum, so you guys can join in ... call me a bone head, give off airport or other advice or anything else... my skin is pretty leathery.
20220922_124058.jpg
The plane was built 20 years ago, the builder went west, it ended up in pa and was finished and first flown and then sold to a you tube personality here in UT via ebay.
Turns out it had a cracked motor mount that was found and addressed by a local ia. He repaired several other issues and added the larger h stab.
As an interesting twist to another purchase we ended up with this bird as well, so it ended up as a two birds one stone deal.
Once home our IA Rio found several issues.
As it was powered by a 220hp frank it didn't have a large enough fuel supply... we replaced the whole system, and repaired several other squawks over the course of the last year. We're now insured and flying starts this week.

Back