• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Piel CP 750 Beryl plans clarification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenns

Hello all. I'm working on digitizing the CP 750 Beryl using Solid Works with the eventual goal of building an updated version of the design. The plans for the main spar seem unclear regarding the rear shear web. When looking at the dwg it is difficult to decipher if the 3mm plywood is continuous from tip to tip or if it stops at rib station 9 and transitions to 5mm plywood. Based on the hidden line on the "straight" section of the spar I believe there is only 1 layer of plywood on the rear shear web which steps down from 5mm to 3mm but wanted to get others' opinions. I believe the spar design on the Beryl is very similar to the Super Emeraude so perhaps someone with a set of Super Emeraude plans could chime in.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Attachments

• Piel Beryl Main Spar.png
    Piel Beryl Main Spar.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Back