• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Replica plane scaling visualisations (BF109 edition)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayde

I knocked these visualisations up quickly yesterday so I could get some idea of how each modeling scale looks. Posting here in case these are useful for anyone.

First up is the 50% scale. This is the scale the War Aircraft Replica planes use:

replica_50%.jpg

Next is 67% scale, or 2/3rds. This is the same scale the SAL Mustang uses, for instance:

replica_67%.jpg

Next is the 75% scale replica, as used by the Jurca MJ9. This is 3.375 times bigger in volume than the 50% and, roughly, so is the weight, and materials required (and, hence, the cost).

replica_75%.jpg

Now we have the 80% scale replica. 1.2x the volume of the 75%. I don't know of any replicas that have used this scale:

replica_80%.jpg

Next, just marginally bigger, is the 82%, as used for a Czech replica recently:

replica_82%.jpg

Finally, the big daddy, the 100%, as used by the real steel and the Jurca MJ90. 2.37 times larger in volume than the 75%. 1.95 times the volume of the 80%. A staggering 8 times the volume of the 50%:

replica_100%.jpg

And for our R/C friends, the 25% (1/4) scale:

replica_25%.jpg

I find being able to picture the sizes helps to know what the end result will look like.

Back