• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotec TBI problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Brooks

Hi All,
I recently bought a Rotec TBI MkII 48 4-5.
I installed it on a Ranger L-440-6 200hp engine.
The Rotec would start easily and run fine up until 1800rpm.
When the throttle was about 3/4 of the travel to full throttle, the engine just quits.
I am guessing that this is just an adjustment issue, but when I reached out to the people at Rotec my emails go unanswered.
I've read a few forums where builders have had to tinker with the Rotec in order to get it working ... but I would like some technical guidance from the manufacturer.

Initially I had an Ellison TBI 4-5 which ran fine but a little rich.
It stopped running eventually and I cannot get it overhauled or parts to overhaul it myself.

Has anyone out there had any experience with the Rotec TBI that could help?

Back