• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

"pre-preg" filler??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rv7charlie

Supporting Member
Using Superfil (two part filler) I filled a couple of 'Miss Kitties' on the RV wings a couple of days ago, and had a little left over on my scrap paper mixing sheet. Since this is experimental aviation, and we're supposed to use it for education, I tried an experiment.

I put the paper, mixed Superfil and the popsicle stick mixer in the freezer. Yesterday I sanded off the excess on the filled areas on the wings, and noticed a few spots on the rudder. Today, I thawed out the Superfil, kneaded it a bit, and it seemed to be identical in consistency to the day I mixed it. So, I filled the new spots. Tomorrow I'll sand the new repairs and see how it goes. The rest went back in the freezer. The experiment continues.

Anyone with prior experience doing that, either with Superfil or other two part filler?

Back