• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sold For sale, Vans RV-9A kit (not including finishing kit) $12k Located at KJXN in Jackson MI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeithO

I purchased this RV-9A kit from Teal Jenkins, the owner of Skytrax. In April I did the 4000+ mile road trip and brought it back to Michigan.

The original owner must have started with the tail kit because the horizontal and vertical stabilizers are basically done. He then moved on to the wings, the spar and rib assembly on both is basically done and he was assembling both fuel tanks. The fuselage itself has not been started. There is a lot of loose material like the longerons, ribs etc that are part of the fuselage kit. There are also the weldments for the landing gear attachment points, rudder pedals, stick etc. Also buckets of cleco's, and associated tools. I will be moving the kit from my garage to my hangar at KJXN in the next week and it can be viewed that location where there will be plenty of room to lay out parts. I do not have a full set of plans, they are sold at vans as PDF's on a thumb drive nowadays. I have receipts going back to the original buyer with kit # and a bill of sale from Teal. Should be no problem getting Vans to transfer the kit #

Asking $12k, same as what I have in it. No expensive shipping from Oregon, no waiting 12 months to get a kit at double the price.

I bought a flying Arion Lightning that cost me a fair amount, so this kit needs to go. Maintenance of a flying airplane and training costs is about all I can manage at this point....

Send me a PM with any questions. No I will not offer shipping of any kind, collect in person only.

Attachments

• Image(1).jpeg
    Image(1).jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Image(2).jpeg
    Image(2).jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Image(3).jpeg
    Image(3).jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Image(4).jpeg
    Image(4).jpeg