• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Off topic, thinking about today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pops

Just setting here thinking about today. 62 years ago today I had an appointment to be present at a church at 7:00 PM. This red headed Irish/Jew girl told me so. Being a somewhat tamed Indian/ Irish boy, I obeyed. My straight lased, educated Irish mother came to make sure I put on my Sunday best and was presentable. She always told my brother and me to act like we had some breeding whether we do or not. She knew what she was talking about since she married my Indian father.
Started to go out the door to the auto and she stopped me and ask, " are you going to wear shoes" Shucks, I forgot to put my shoes on. Sorry about that, I tend to be redneck, just in my nature. Well, everything went along as planned except for my wife's father setting in the church crying. Looking back, I think it was for joy. All of this reminds me of when Grandfather went to a wild horse auction back in 1948 and bought a 2 year old, 1700 lb wild stallion. He was wild and dangerous to everyone except me. I think he took me to raise or maybe a pet. It was like a boy and his dog, or the other way around.
Not saying the 135 lbs Irish/Jew redhead was 1700 lbs, but the rest of it sort of fits. That 7:00 PM appointment at the church was 62 years ago today. She is still working on trying to make me act like I have some breeding whether I do or not. Think I will go flying latter in the day around 7 PM and watch the sunset and be glad I'm still alive. After all ,I will be 82 years old in a few days. OR, maybe not.

Sorry to say its all true.

Dan R.

Last edited:
Back